EA announces that Apex Legends is heading to a phone near you
I can’t imagine playing this on mobile, but the move makes sense.
During an EA earnings call this week, it was announced that the hit battle royale game, Apex Legends, will be heading to mobile at some point in the future.
While no time frame for the release was given, it makes sense for EA to do this in an effort to take on the king of battle royale, Fortnite. While Fortnite can attribute its success to many varying factor, one thing that has definitely helped the game keep its staggering number of players is the availability of the title across a plethora of consoles, PCs, and mobile devices.
Apex Legends has been boon to the company’s earnings, even with the game being free to play thanks to microtransactions for new characters and cosmetics. Other big EA titles over the past six months haven’t fared as well, neither Anthem and Battlefield V did as well as many expected.
It was also mentioned that EA will be pushing the battle royale title to China at some point as well, something Epic Games has also attempted.
- EA Access is finally making its way to the PlayStation 4
- The Gardens Between is coming to iPhone and iPad in May
- Microsoft could be working on a Braille-equipped Xbox One controller
- Looks like a Minecraft AR game is heading to a phone near you
- What the fresh hell is Apple thinking with this Warren Buffett Paperboy clone app