Elon Musk wants you to rent his solar roof panels for only $50 a month
If only Tesla leases were this cheap…
It wouldn’t be a new week without Tesla CEO Elon Musk taking to Twitter to launch something or the other. Today, he’s relaunching Tesla’s solar power roof business, with a new rental plan. Residents of six US states will be able to rent full-roof solar panels starting from $50 a month.
That’s a pretty decent deal, as Tesla’s solar panel packages start upwards of $7K.
Tesla has launched a solar panel rental plan
When’s the last time you spent less than that on gas in a year? Even my economical Mazda6 costs us almost three times that on a yearly basis. If you’re in a state with high electricity costs, the added value gets even larger.
- Customers in California, Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New Mexico can sign up for the plans
- Rental rates are $50 per month unless you’re in California, where it’ll be $65
- Expansion into Europe should come next year
- In Musk’s own words “it’s like having a money printer on your roof”
With Tesla’s solar power business in the shade of its competitors, this seems like a good way for the company to increase sales. Maybe by the time I buy a house, Tesla will have a similar scheme in my home state…
- A noted Apple analyst expects to see a new Apple Watch this season – yup, another one
- PSA: This simple trick lets you open up the login page of any public WiFi connection
- Spotify’s Premium Family plan is getting parental controls to help block out the swears
- KnowTechie Roundtable: What piece of tech from TV/Film would you like to see in real life?