How to choose the perfect gaming platform that suits you
There are so many options…..
Whether you are a casual or dedicated gamer, there are plenty of gaming platforms that you can select for your gaming experience. But how can you decide which one is best for you? Check out these pros and cons that can help you decide which one platform is the perfect one for you.
Over the years there have been a variety of games consoles released for players to play on. In the late 1980s, Nintendo manufactured the handheld game console Game Boy where people could play games like Super Mario Land and Tetris. Fast forward to the present day, and more impressive consoles have been released, with a much bigger selection of games, such as the Playstation 4 (PS4) that was released in 2013/14.
- One of the cons of video games consoles is the release of console-exclusive titles. If there is a specific game that you want to play, sometimes the games are only released on a certain console. For example, the popular survival horror game Until Dawn has only ever been released on PS4.
- Where PC gamers often need to wait for a game to download on their computer, you don’t need to install games on a video console. Whether you are playing on a Nintendo DS or an Xbox One, all you need to do is insert the game and play.
- Just like with mobile devices, one of the main advantages of playing games on consoles is that handheld game consoles are portable. Rather than being tied to your computer location, you can easily take a handheld console with you on your commute, to the park, and much more.
For more dedicated gamers, PC platforms deliver a much better gaming experience. Gamers are able to play on a much bigger screen and don’t have to worry about battery life. A variety of games can be played on desktop computers from brands like Microsoft, Apple, Lenovo and more.
- Compared to other gaming platforms, computers have better graphics. As computers have big high-resolution screens and excellent storage capacity, the gaming experience is much better. However, some games do require high graphics and specifications to be played. If your computer doesn’t have the capabilities, then the game quality and performance can be significantly reduced.
- With digital distribution platforms like Uplay and Stream, there is a wide variety of games to choose from on desktop. If your computer has enough storage space, then there are many games that you can download and store on your PC. From old fantasy games like Baldur’s Gate (1998) to upcoming releases like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2019), there are plenty of titles for you to choose from.
- Playing games on desktop also mean that there are plenty of flexible control options to use. You can choose to play your favorite games with a keyboard and mouse or can even just plug in a USB game controller to play with instead. There are even gaming chairs that you can use to help make your gaming experience more comfortable.
- One of the main advantages of mobile gaming is that you can play a wide variety of games. Although recent titles may only be available on games consoles and PC, there is still a wide selection of games and apps that you can download on iOS and Android. If you’re wanting to play online slot games on sites like Gaming Club, then you can easily do so on your mobile.
- Just like with handheld games consoles, the main advantage of mobiles is that the devices are portable. You can easily play on your favorite puzzle games and strategy games while waiting for a bus or traveling by train. As long as you have a decent battery life, you can play mobile games wherever you may be.
- While desktop computers may be a superior platform for gamers, mobile technology is improving and constantly finding ways to provide a better user experience. For example, Apple continues to release new phone models such as the iPhone XR that has the longest ever iPhone battery life, fastest performance, and advanced LCD displays.
- Gaming furniture: Are they worth buying?
- Google is testing its own Play Pass subscription service for gaming
- Can I use my Apple AirPods with my gaming console?
- How badly is the pay-to-win scheme hurting gaming?