How to unlock an iPad without a password
Forgot your iPad password? No worries! Unlock it on your own by following the simple methods discussed in this article.
If you don’t remember the passcode on your iPad after changing it, you can unlock it without hassle. Even if you use the latest iOS 16, you can still unlock the iPad without entering the password.
This article will explain how to unlock an iPad without a password or passcode.
Additionally, we will share the methods that require a computer and methods that can be performed without the help of a computer.
Read this article and unlock your iPad.
How to unlock an iPad without a password on a computer
In this section, we will share a few methods that you can try with your computer. These will unlock your iPad locked without a password, but they have some prerequisites and restrictions that we will discuss.
For example, we will also introduce a splendid tool, Tenorshare 4uKey, that can unlock your iPad without any conditions, and it also supports iOS 16.
Let’s dive into these methods and see how to reset a password on an iPad.
Method 1: Unlock an iPad without a password via Tenorshare 4uKey- the most simple way
Tenorshare 4uKey is the most suitable option for you to unlock your iPad locked or iPhone. There are no prerequisites and conditions, and with that being said, the unlocking process becomes easier.
Furthermore, Tenorshare 4uKey can help you get rid of any lock on your device within a few simple steps. You only need to follow the steps, and your device will be unlocked.
Additionally. there is no need for previous experience unlocking a locked iPad or professional help.
The best part is that you can unlock any model or iOS version. It also supports the latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14.
Therefore, you must install the software on your Mac or PC and start the unlocking process by following the steps below.
Step 1: First, download Tenorshare from the website and install it.
Step 2: Open the application. Click on the Start button.
Step 3: Connect your iPad to the computer. Once the software detects it, click on Next.
Step 4: The software will give you the instructions to put your device in recovery mode. Follow the instructions.
Step 5: The software will detect the right firmware for your device. Choose the location and click on Download.
Step 6: After downloading, click on Start to Remove. The process will start, and your device will be unlocked without a passcode or password. Click on Done.
Method 2: How to unlock the iPad with recovery mode if you forgot the password
iPad can be easily unlocked in recovery mode, and no password is required. But for this, you need to put the device in recovery mode manually.
That said, there are two methods of putting an iPad in recovery mode, depending on Face ID and the home button. Let’s have a look at both methods.
If you have an iPad with Face ID
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect the iPad to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: To put the device in recovery mode, you must press and release the volume up button. Now do the same with the volume down button. last, press and hold the top button, and let it go when you see the recovery mode screen.
- Step 4: Now, you will see your device in iTunes. The popup will automatically appear on the screen. Click on the Restore button to reset your device.
If you have an iPad with a home button
- Step 1: Open iTunes and connect your iPad to the computer.
- Step 2: Press the home and top buttons and hold them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Step 3: You will see a popup in iTunes. Click on the Restore button and let iTunes do its job.
Method 3: Unlock an iPad passcode via iTunes without recovery mode
You can unlock your iPad via iTunes without passcode, but for this, your device should be synced with iTunes. If you have ever synced it, then you can restore your device without any hassle.
Here are the steps on how to unlock the iPad with iTunes.
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and ensure it is updated to the latest version.
- Step 2: Connect your iPad to the computer.
- Step 3: On iTunes, go to the Summary tab and click on the iPad. You will see a Restore iPad button. Click on it. Click on Done.
How to unlock an iPad without a password and computer?
If you are looking for how to unlock a locked iPad without a password and computer, there are a few methods that you can try. Let’s have a look at them.
Method 1: Unlock an iPad passcode via Siri without data loss [for iOS 8 to iOS 10.1]
This method works from iOS 8 to iOS 10.1 because a bug in these iOS versions was patched later. Due to that bug, the iPad can be unlocked using Siri.
Moreover, for this method, Siri should be enabled on your device.
This is the right method if you want to know how to unlock an iPad without a password without iTunes.
Step 1: First, you need to ask Siri about the time.
Step 2: Once it shows you the clock on the screen, open it.
Step 3: Go to World Clock and tap on the “+” button.
Step 4: You will be asked to choose a city. Type anything and select all. Tap on the Share button.
Step 5: Your iPad will show you the sharing options. Tap on Messages.
Step 6: In the “To” field, type anything and tap on “+” to create a new contact.
Step 7: Tap on Add Photo button. Tap on Choose Photo.
Step 8: Finally, press the home button. You will land on the home screen without entering the passcode.
Method 2. Unlock iPad without passcode via iCloud
iCloud can help you unlock your iPad without a computer. You can use your iPhone or someone else’s device. It can unlock your device remotely, but you should know the Apple ID and password.
- Step 1: Enter the Apple ID and password on the iPhone.
- Step 2: Open the Find My iPhone application. You will see all your devices associated with the Apple ID.
- Step 3: Select your device from the list. You will have several options; tap on Erase this Device.
- Step 4: Finally, confirm the restore by following the process. It will reset your device in no time.
How to Back Up Locked iPad in iTunes?
If you want to back up your locked iPad to save important data, you can do it using your computer. You need to use iTunes, which will create a recent backup of your device on iCloud or your computer.
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and update it if required.
- Step 2: Connect your iPad to the computer.
- Step 3: On iTunes, go to the Summary tab. You will see the Back Up Now button there. Click on it and start creating a backup.
Therefore, you can use them to unlock your device without a computer. All these methods have some prerequisites and conditions.
But if you want to unlock your device without hassle, you can try Tenorshare 4uKey. Ultimately, it is an all-in-one iPhone and iPad unlocker tool that can unlock any type of lock without any conditions.
- How to see WiFi passwords in iOS 16
- How to remove the background from images in iOS 16
- How to delete duplicate photos with iOS 16
- How to add widgets to your lock screen in iOS 16