Review: AdGuard – Stop all types of ads from appearing
The best way to see the difference that AdGuard can make is to try it out firsthand.
Ever feel like you’re in a never-ending and losing battle against ads? Not only do ads appear on practically every website, but they’re often placed before the videos that you want to watch or pop-up and pop-under at inopportune moments.
If like many others you’d like to never have to see another ad ever again – AdGuard could be exactly what you need.
What Does AdGuard Do?
Although AdGuard is described as an ad blocker it is so much more than that. In fact, it is quite unlike most other ad blockers you may have used in the past.
Simply put the majority of ad blockers are really just browser extensions that can block some ads in the browser – but not much else. In contrast, AdGuard is a standalone app with unique versions for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, all of which will get rid of all ads from the device it is installed on.
The reason that AdGuard is more effective than other AdBlockers is that it doesn’t just try to detect ads that are displayed and remove them. Instead, it filters out incoming ads, so that they are never processed in the first place.
Ultimately this approach is not only more effective at blocking ads, but it also has lots of other potential benefits.
Features in AdGuard
As noted each version of AdGuard is slightly unique, but they all share their core features in common. With those features you will be able to:
- Block all types of ads from everywhere. AdGuard is able to block banners, video advertisements, pop-ups, pop-unders, text ads, and more. More importantly, it will block ads from not just your browser, but also any apps or games as well.
- Provide privacy protection so that cookies and scripts from analytic systems aren’t able to track your activity. It has a special spyware filter that can also detect and block malicious apps or viruses that may be installed.
- Ensure online safety from threats such as phishing or fraudulent websites. AdGuard will check the websites against its own constantly-updated database of threats and make sure that you are able to browse the web safely.
- Customize and tailor the features based on your requirements. Practically every area of AdGuard can be customized so you’ll have full control over what ads you see, which apps are blocked, and so on. If you want you can even create your own custom filters to use.
Overall you should not only be able to enjoy an ad-free experience, but AdGuard will also protect your safety by acting as a firewall. On your part, all you need to do is use the download link to grab the version for your platform and try it out.
The best way to see the difference that AdGuard can make is to try it out firsthand. As soon as you do you’ll start to notice how much more room there is on websites once the ads are removed – as well as how much time you save by not having to sit through video ads. All in all, you probably won’t look back after that.
- Ad blockers are inevitable: How will marketers cope?
- Will native ad-blocking on Microsoft Edge for Android and iOS make anyone use it?
- How to hide your internet browsing history – the complete guide