Tech Hangover: Facebook is a “shameful” company
Don’t lie, you know it is too.
We get it, you have a life. There’s no way you can read all of the day’s news in one single shot, let alone visit every web page, which is why we’re here to help. Well, sort of.
There’s a ton of tech news we weren’t able to cover throughout the day (hey, give us a break, we’re a small independent outfit), so to help you stay up to speed with everything we didn’t get to, we rounded up some of the biggest stories, which should help you keep up to date. Hence the tech hangover.
Here’s some tech news you probably missed out on today (and when we say you, we mean us, but also…you).
I mean, she’s not wrong.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., slammed Facebook during her weekly press briefing Thursday, accusing the company of only caring about profits and saying executives “schmooze” the Trump administration to avoid taxes and antitrust action. – CNBC
I honestly can’t remember the last time I actually used a Chrome app.
Google said Wednesday that it will begin to phase out traditional Chrome apps starting in June, and winding down slowly over two years’ time. Chrome extensions, though, will live on. – PCWorld
The FBI is pressing Apple Inc. to help it break into a terrorist’s iPhones, but the government can hack into the devices without the technology giant, according to experts in cybersecurity and digital forensics. –Bloomberg
Great, another streaming service I’ll eventually throw my money at.
NBCUniversal unveiled its Peacock streaming service to investors Thursday, highlighted by a free-for-all version that stands out in an increasingly crowded online video market. It launches in the U.S. on July 15. –CNBC
An app that is supposed to be a fun activity for dashcam users to broadcast their camera feeds and drives is actually allowing people to scrape and store the real-time location of drivers across the world. –Motherboard
And in just case you missed some of our stuff earlier, here’s what you may have missed:
- Europe might become the first continent to make all phones require the same charger
- This contact lens startup might just be the future of AR
- Buy the best USB-C wall charger money can buy for just $22
- How to install extensions on Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser
- Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser is now available – Here’s how to download it
- Cyberpunk 2077 is being delayed almost 6 months and that’s a good thing
- The Joker isn’t pulling any punches in the new Mortal Kombat 11 trailer
- I spent a month playing Project xCloud and it kicked ass
- Score a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership for just $37
- Get this Game Boy-inspired iPhone case with 36 games for under $20
- 10 crowdfunding campaigns to watch in January 2020
- The best smart thermostats for 2020
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey crushes millions of dreams with one word regarding the edit button
- Your iPhone can now be a physical security key for Google logins