For some reason, Tesla owners will soon be able to play Cuphead in their cars
Elon Musk and Tesla are no strangers to doing interesting, innovative things with the Tesla vehicles, and now, the electric vehicles are getting a new video game to play through the vehicles’ monitor.
Video games on Tesla Model 3, Model S, and Model X
Tesla has been putting games in its cars for a while now, starting with a select group of Atari games that included Missle Command and Asteroids. This will be the first time a modern video game lands on that platform.
- Revealed during a Ride the Lightning podcast
- Cuphead will most likely be available later this summer
- Will be playable on the Model 3, Model S, and Model X
- It will not include the full game, only the Inkwell Isle One section
- You’ll need a wired USB controller to play
Honestly, this is pretty cool news, but at the same time, without a full game, it just seems a bit too gimmicky to me. Like that infamous Jurassic Park quote, “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”
What do you think? Is this something that you will play in your Tesla or does it feel like a strange PR stunt that has no real purpose? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Consumer Reports is throwing Tesla’s ‘Navigate on Autopilot’ feature under the bus again
- Pogo sticks hitting the streets of San Francisco ushers in the most ridiculous commuting timeline
- Elon Musk wants your Tesla to moonlight as a robocab while you aren’t using it
- This electric scooter from Kiwano has one wheel and goes almost anywhere