What to know about the League of Legends’ new Champions game mode
Dominate the competition.
League of Legends (LoL), a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) title from Riot Games, released a new game mode called “Teamfight Tactics”. It allows players to experience different gameplay other than spending countless hours on the Summoner’s Rift.
Continue reading to know about this new game mode in LoL along with the new champions recently released in this MOBA title.
How do you win in Teamfight Tactics?
LoL‘s Teamfight Tactics is a free-for-all skirmish between 8 players, whose primary goal is to be the last champion standing. In comparison, LoL has other game modes focused on team-based strategies and tactics in a map where you are free to move your characters. On the other hand, the arena in this game mode is akin to a chessboard.
In this new game mode, you have to spend time accumulating resources without the help of teammates. It is essential to study each champion’s strengths and weaknesses to try and gain the upper hand in each match. You may even use smurf or extra accounts if you wish. Check out Unranked LoL Accounts if you need extra accounts for playing Teamfight Tactics.
How does the game mode start?
In this LoL game mode, each match starts with all 8 players in a carousel. This feature got its name because of the champions continuously spinning around. Each champion will have a basic item upon selection.
Choose a champion by using your “Little Legend” to walk up to your preferred character. While it may look simple, the spinning characters may make champion selection challenging for specific players.
What is the appearance of the arena?
“Teamfight Tactics” has different phases as opposed to playing on standard 5 vs. 5 or 3 vs. 3 battles. Unlike other League of Legends events, players have to deal with “phases” in this game mode. Each match has stages consisting of different rounds. During each phase, you need to plan your moves carefully, but without the need for split-second decision-making.
Which new champion to use in Teamfight Tactics?
Individual champions in LoL excel over other characters because of their playability and skills. Here are a few of the recently added champions you can use to try and gain the upper hand in this game mode:
- Pyke, the Bloodharbor Ripper –Pyke in this game mode can become a durable carry. He can help Assassin-class champions with his stun.
- Qiyana –Qiyana’s “Edge of Ixtal” skill can slash through multiple targets when positioned correctly. In doing so, it can deal additional damage to unsuspecting enemies.
- Sylas, The Unshackled – Sylas is a complicated character to master. However, learning other champions’ abilities can put the tides of battle in your favor. This character has the skill to copy or “Hijack” the enemy’s ultimate skill. For example, he can use this skill to copy Ashe’s ultimate skill, the “Enchanted Crystal Arrow” and cast it for himself to an area you choose.
Remember, “Teamfight Tactics” is about thinking and not about the aggressive play. Consider choosing the right items for each champion you use. Watch enemy movements across the chessboard arena. Study potential patterns, and you might attain “Victory” after an arduous battle.
- You can now use Siri Shortcuts on your Neato robovac
- Tesla’s ‘dog mode’ doesn’t work unless your AC is set to automatic
- Lyft halts e-bike operations in San Francisco after a handful of battery fires
- The Impossible Burger is coming to a Burger King near you