This $23 gadget adds an heads up display (HUD) to any car
If you want to impress all your friends with a fancy heads up display in your car, this deal from Amazon hooks you up.
Heads up displays can keep your eyes on the road while still feeding you turn by turn navigation and other data, but up to now, they’ve been the province of high-end luxury vehicles. This $23 gadget from Mpow aims to change that.
Just set a smartphone face-up on the platform, open up a HUD-enabled navigation app, and the reflective glass “screen” will overlay transparent navigation data in front of your windshield. It’s a little bit hacky, but for $23 (with code BY86G8MW), it could be worth trying out on your next road trip.
Here’s the key features from the Amazon page:
- HIGH REFLECTION & TRANSPARENCY: The reflective display is coated with 20nm-thick-chromimum, a unique material that makes the display reflect image very clearly while keeping transparency well at the same time. Even in poor lighting condition or direct sunlight, you just need to adjust the brightness of your cellphone’s screen, then the glass will display clear view.
- LONG-TERM GLOSSY DISPLAY: The ordinary display will turn yellow after using over a long time. Treated with a special antioxidative process, our display takes on long-term glossy appearance and maintains good resistance to corrosion.
- STRONG ADHESIVE MATERIAL: Provided with a flat friction pad made from PU, our HUD will well hold your phone and prevent it from sliding on the dash. The flat pad is very wear-resisting, and has high adhesion. Even cleaned for many times, the pad still keeps good stickness. What’s more,it works well in high temperature, so you don’t need worry it.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION AND PRACTICAL USE: Just open an app that supports HUD and put your phone on the pad. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.
- SAFE TO DRIVE: The reflected image is displayed directly in line of sight, allowing you to check speed settings and navigation instructions while keeping your eyes on the road. Road view will not be sheltered.
► MPOW HUD, $23 with code BY86G8MW