ForkOut is an app that corrals friends and family to eat out in Boston
The Boston-based app includes voting and messaging options.
ForkOut launches today as a free app for both iOS and Android devices to help coordinate friends and families to go out and eat. Instead of using multiple apps for restaurant ratings and deals, ForkOut helps simplify the process by designating a group organizer to suggest places to eat along with a voting process. Once a destination has been chosen, ForkOut will compare priced between ridesharing services as well as group notifications when a member of the group has arrived.
ForkOut’s creator explained his inspiration behind the app:
“I love going to great restaurants and sharing the experience with my friends. But it was always a hassle to organize. Now that ForkOut is out, I can finally get my friends to use it.”
ForkOut is launching with deals for the following Boston-based restaurants:
- Dok Bua Thai Kitchen (411 Harvard Square) – Known for their pad thai and durian ice cream, Dok Bua is renowned for authentic Thai cuisine.
- The Chicken and Rice Guys (85 Bedford Street & 280 Washington Street) – Famous for their halal offerings, The Chicken & Rice Guys features delicious Middle Eastern gyros and grilled chicken meals.
- Fuji (352b Harrison Ave) – A modern Japanese restaurant offering elegant and delicious sushi, tasting menus, stir-fry dishes and more.
- Gather (75 Northern Ave) – A gorgeous restaurant and bar featuring late hours, creative cocktails and New American dishes.
- The Lansdowne Pub (9 Lansdowne Street) – A dynamic Irish pub and live music venue right next to Fenway, featuring traditional bar fare, open-mic nights and cover bands.
ForkOut is the perfect excuse for friends and family to get together during the Holiday season. With several deals to work with along with easy access to ratings, what else could you need? Keep in mind that ForkOut is only compatible with Boston residents. However, this is the perfect time for competitors or app designers to take a similar approach.