Surprise, surprise, three more iPhones are coming this fall
Another year, another round of iPhones.
According to an exclusive from 9to5mac, Apple is going to be bringing another three iPhone models to market this fall. The “iPhone 11” models will all have the new Apple A13 chip, and will still feature the Lightning port.
Another year, another batch of iPhones
It seems that Apple is continuing last year’s trend of three handsets in the upcoming 2019 range. They will be direct replacements for the current three models, sporting the same screen resolutions and size.
- Codename D42 will replace the iPhone XS, Codename D43 will replace the iPhone XS Max, Codename N104 will replace the iPhone XR
- D42 and D43 will have a 3x OLED Retina display, with the N104 having the 2x Liquid Retina display of the current-gen
- iPhone 11 will have an all-new Taptic Engine, codenamed “leap taptics”. Not much is known about this other than it’s essentially the replacement for 3D Touch
Screen updates aside, I’m excited to see what the updated camera tech Apple is going to pack into that square bump can do. With the two XS-replacements having three camera modules, the new addition will be a wide-angle lens. That’ll enable some new tricks like Smart Frame, which captures the area around framed pictures so you can reframe in post-processing.
Oh, and the front-facing camera will gain slo-mo at 120fps, because why not?
- Square has a new service that lets you send in a product to be professionally photographed
- Honda joins the growing list of Key by Amazon In-Car delivery partners
- Pinterest has a new search feature that calms you down when you’re stressed out
- When our brains are in the cloud, we may not need these rotting bodies