Square has a new service that lets you send in a product to be professionally photographed
Oh, did I forget to mention – by a robot??
It’s no secret that good product photography will help you sell more stuff, but what if you don’t have a professional-level kit to shoot with? That’s the problem that Square has decided to tackle, with its Square Photo Studio.
Send in your items, tell Square how you want the shots, and its robot photographers will take super high-quality snaps of your wares. It’s a fraction of the cost of hiring a pro to do the same thing, or to buy the gear and take the shots yourself, when you really should be concentrating on building your business.
Oh, and the best part? You don’t even have to be a Square user to use the photo service.
Robots will photograph your wares from $9.95
According to Weebly, over 75-percent of shoppers said product images were “very influential” when they shopped online. That makes it essential that your online store has quality photos, preferably from multiple angles. I mean, shoppers can’t touch the items so they have to rely on images. Get those wrong, and everything else you do will be for naught.
- The images are taken by robotic arms using pro-level cameras
- For $9.95, you get three high-quality, multi-angle digital images.
- $29.95 gets you a 360-degree spinning, interactive animation
- Anyone can use the service, you don’t need to be an existing Square customer
I take a lot of photos as part of this job and it’s often the hardest part of my workload. I can certainly see the appeal of this new service, and that’s before the mention of robots.
- Pinterest has a new search feature that calms you down when you’re stressed out
- The FTC just slammed Equifax with a $700M fine for that 2017 data breach
- DoorDash is straight-up ripping off its drivers’ tips
- When our brains are in the cloud, we may not need these rotting bodies