These new neon Nintendo Switch Joy-Con designs got me all hot and bothered
Finally, Waluigi got recognized.
With the announcements coming together, I have to wonder if the refreshed Switch console will come with the usual gray or red/blue Joy-Cons or if the new colorways might be an option.
Two new pairs of Joy-Cons are coming in October
It’s pretty cool that Nintendo is bringing out new colorways for the Joy-Cons, but there’s an elephant in the room. Users have beenreporting “drifting,” which is when the Joy-Cons register movement without being touched. It’s not isolated to the Joy-Cons either, with reports of the Pro controllers also suffering a similar issue.
I’ve got multiple non-Nintendo controllers and the only one that drifts is an x360 controller I bought at least 5 years ago. The radio silence from Nintendo on this is something that consumers shouldn’t stand for, and I hope that the situation changes before these new sets release.
Anyway, those two colorways are:
- A neon purple/orange set that reminds me of the GameCube, or Waluigi
- A blue/neon yellow set that reminds me more of Sonic, so I’m not sure why Nintendo went this way
The two new sets will be available on October 4, priced $79.99 each.
- Nintendo finally reveals its smaller, more affordable Nintendo Switch Lite
- Ubisoft releases the full list of games coming to its Uplay+ subscription service
- This Super Mario Maker 2 level turns the iconic World 1-1 into an anxiety-inducing deathfest
- Steam has a new tool that uses AI to recommend games to you