Dell is working on a new feature that lets iPhone users control their phone from their laptop
The feature will not release until Spring 2020.
Apple’s tech has a long history of not playing nice with devices from other manufacturers, but if Dell has its way, that’ll be changing. A future update for Dell’s Mobile Connect software will let iPhone users mirror their iPhone’s screen onto their laptop, along with a host of other functions.
With even Apple’s MacBooks not being able to mirror your iPhone’s screen, that might be the killer app that decides purchasing decisions.
You’ll soon be able to control your iPhone from your Dell laptop
In the coming months, iPhone users who also own a Dell PC will be able to mirror their screen onto the screen of their Dell. How Dell managed this is unknown, with literally nobody (including Apple), having a similar feature. That’ll expand the existing iPhone features in the Mobile Connect app, which currently lets users send texts, make calls, and see notifications.
- Mobile Connect can already mirror your Android phone’s screen
- You can also drag photos, videos and other files from your mobile device onto your PC
- It’ll work with Dell XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, and Alienware hardware
That’s not the only interesting app coming from Dell this year, with a streaming media dashboard called Cinema Guide in the works. That’s aimed as a hub for all your services, so think of it as Roku in software form. Nifty.
- Apple is secretly working on wireless tech that uses satellites to beam data directly to its devices
- Flocks of drones keep popping up in rural Colorado and Nebraska for no rhyme or reason
- Tax prep services forced to reveal the free filing software that already existed
- PSA: If you own crypto and use this Google Chrome extension, delete it immediately
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here for more.