This handy Chrome extension lets you preview a site’s results without ever having to click on it
This could definitely come in handy.
Go navigate to Google and search for something random. I’ll wait.
Did you get any useful information in the top results, other than a Wikipedia link? Is your next step to open the top five or ten results in a new tab so you can skim read?
What if there was a better way, thanks to a handy Google Chrome extension?
Google Results Previewer
Imagine how much time you’ll save not having to tab through your browser pages. Actually, it is Chrome we’re talking about. Imagine how much more free RAM you’ll have by not opening that many tabs at once.
How to install and use Google Results Previewer
- Open up the Chrome Store and install the extension
- Go over to Google.com and start searching
- Hovering over a list item will open a preview window on the bottom-right of your browser
- If you then hover over that window, it’ll expand so you can scroll through the whole page
- You’ll also get buttons to navigate to that site, or to share the link
If you find it becomes a hindrance, just turn it off via the extension’s button on your browser’s toolbar.
- Apple is adding some new spam busting features into iOS 13
- Google Maps now adds the most popular dishes to restaurant listings
- Apple Maps is getting its own Google-style Street View
- This Chrome plugin for Netflix will definitely improve your browsing experience