The INSTRUMENT1 is an instrument that lets you be the whole band
The INSTRUMENT1 enables a new type of musical experience focused on exploration and creativity rather than skill sets and signal chains.
Somewhere deep inside us a musician lurks, whether we know it or not. It’s very common for even the tonedeaf among us to hum a song, tap a beat, or shred a mythical air guitar as if we’re performing in front of a large crowd. It’s a fundamental human desire. But let’s be honest, most of us don’t know how to play an instrument, let alone hum a song correctly.
So how do you get your inner Slash out in front of the world if you’ve never picked up an instrument? You turn to technology.
This is where the Artiphone INSTRUMENT1 comes in. Simply put, this device can be played as a guitar, violin, keyboard, drums, or, thanks to its software, any sound you can think of. “Our mission is to build a musical experience that is simple and intuitive” Mike Butera, Artiphon’s founder and CEO explains in the video.
Here’s some of INSTRUMENT1’s features:
- Play any instrument, style, and sound with a single device that connects directly to your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Our patented multi-instrument technology transforms the INSTRUMENT 1 into a guitar, violin, bass, piano, drum machine… it’s any instrument you want it to be.
- Plug in and play 100’s of apps like GarageBand with universal musical gestures: strumming, tapping, bowing, sliding, and more.
- Digital string-like interface works with any MIDI-compatible software.
- The unique ergonomic design can be held in multiple positions, and is fully ambidextrous.
- Design new instruments and custom tunings via the Artiphon companion app.
Looking to get your hands on one? Artiphone is currently running a crowdfunding campaign for The INSTRUMENT1 on KickStarter, which surprisingly enough, has already surpassed its funding goal by almost 200%. Expect to see it ship sometime in January 2016.