Spotify is releasing a lightweight app for those with limited bandwidth
This is a nice addition.
If older phones and bandwidth limits keep you from enjoying Spotify to its fullest extent, good news, the company is releasing a lightweight version to address those very issues.
Spotify Lite will be available to both free and paying customers in 30 countries around the world.
Here’s what you need to know about Spotify Lite
The new Spotify Lite app will allow users a variety of feature to help manage their data and music streaming:
- The app is only 10MB, great for older phones and those that struggle with space
- You can set your own data limits
- Allows you to quickly and easily clear your cache
- Designed for areas with slower networks
The new Spotify Lite app is available on the Google Play Store and available in “36 markets across Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa on Google Play with more markets and features to follow as we continue to improve the Spotify Lite experience.”
The full list of locations include Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Oman, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, South Africa, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, India.
- Instagram is working on new features to deal with internet trolls
- Looking to outsmart facial recognition software? Become a Juggalo
- So that White House ‘social summit’ may not include Facebook or Twitter
- Trump tariffs are leading game companies to move production out of China