Apple seems to have removed the ability to swear on the iOS swipe keyboard
Don’t worry, I’m writing this from a fucking Android.
Well, this is a ducking terrible state of affairs. The family-friendly Apple appears to have removed all suggestions of swear words when using the iOS 13 swipe keyboard.
The keyboard suggestions in Apple’s iOS 13 now won’t let you swear with swipe
Apple really doesn’t want you to swear with its iOS 13 swipe keyboard. You may only say ducked pic.twitter.com/L8y2qnbeba
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) August 13, 2019
It seems that Apple really, really doesn’t want you to swear with iOS 13. Even text replacement takes multiple taps of the foul language you’re trying to send to your friends, with the prediction engine going into overdrive to suggest other alternatives that won’t get the message an R-rating.
As you can imagine, Redditors went into a frenzy of swiping to see what the keyboard wouldn’t allow.
Here are some of the more amusing ones:
- “I was able to swipe penis but masturbation gave me marination.”
- “You also can’t type sexual words like porn, orgasm, or masturbation. Also for some reason you can’t type murder either”
- “What the duck is ducking going on here shot is getting out of mothering hand. Bukkake also does not work.”
Thankfully, I’m writing this from my Google Pixel 3 XL so fuckity shit bollocks wank. Last year Google got into hot water for auto-suggesting “my face” when “sit on” was typed, this seems to have been fixed but I can still type all the expletives I want.
- The FAA just banned some MacBook Pro models from going on flights
- Here’s the best tech to buy during a recession
- Facebook joins the list of companies listening to your private messages
- Loot Crate, one of the first nerdy subscription boxes, files for bankruptcy