Apple TV+ is now live and you can get it for free if you recently purchased an Apple device
Free streaming is the best type of streaming.
Apple just opened the pipes to its streaming video subscription service, Apple TV+, and there’s an important thing to note if you’ve recently bought any Apple device.
Normally, the service would be $4.99 a month, but if you bought any iPad, iPhone, Mac, iPod Touch or
Apple TV+ just launched and your first year is free if you recently bought an Apple device
You can find
At launch, some of the Apple Original content is available: The Morning Show, See, For All Mankind, Dickinson, Snoopy in Space, Helpsters, Ghostwriter, and the talk show Oprah’s Book Club. Some have the full season available right now, with others having the first three episodes with the rest to follow on a staggered release schedule.
To claim your year of
That means you need the following:
Apple TV+ app downloaded and installed on any device running iOS, iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS
- Be signed in to your Apple ID on that device
- Open the
Apple TV+ app and you should get the offer notification straight away
- Just tap Enjoy 1 Year Free
It’s worth checking out if you bought an Apple device recently, even if you only like one or two of the shows on offer. If you decide to cancel your free subscription, please note that it will end then and there, so if you want to cancel after a year, go ahead and set yourself up a reminder.
- Hulu offline downloads arrive on Android but you’ll need the premium plan to use it
- WhatsApp exploited to spy on US government officials, journalists, and activists
- Tim Cook suggests Apple is working on an iPhone subscription service
- Netflix is testing a feature that lets you speed through episodes