Here are all the new features coming to the Apple Watch
watchOS 6 looks pretty great.
Apple just took the covers off watchOS 6, at WWDC 2019, confirming most of the leaks on what’s coming to your Apple Watch.
New features coming to Apple Watch at WWDC 2019
Probably the biggest change is that an actual App Store is coming to the Apple Watch. You’ll now be able to browse, pay for, and install apps from your wrist, without needing to pick up your iPhone.
Along with that big change, is that apps can now run completely on the Apple Watch, without needing a companion app installed on your iPhone. Things like a calculator, voice memos or audiobooks. Oh, and you’ll be able to update straight from your watch as well.
- Your Apple Watch will be getting a facelift, with new watch faces coming in the update
- Menstrual tracking comes to your wrist – data will be stored locally or encrypted if uploaded to iCloud
- New APIs will let you stream audio directly to your Apple Watch
- The new “Hearing Health” feature will sample the noise levels around you to alert of possible hearing damage
If you’re a developer, you can get your hands on watchOS later this week. For the rest of you, there will be a public launch in the fall.
What do you think about the updates coming to the Apple Watch? What has you most excited at WWDC 2019? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Multi-user support is coming to Apple TV
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One controller support coming to Apple TV
- Microsoft just showed off a sweet super-secret Surface device with two screens
- Google Maps now adds the most popular dishes to restaurant listings