Google Assistant finally makes its way to Google Maps on Android and iOS
This will definitely put Google Assistant in more people’s pockets.
Google Assistant continues to make its way into more products and services, and now, during CES 2019, Google has stated that the Assistant functionality will be rolling out to Google Maps starting today.
Both Android and iOS users will get access to the functionality, with iOS users gaining a bit more from it. This is because prior to the Google Maps integration, iPhone users had to download a dedicated app for access to Google’s voice assistant.
Google Assistant functionality within Google Maps
With Google Assistant being baked in, users will get more control over their Maps experience. With it, you can ask Google about gas stops, restaurants, and attractions that are close to your route. You can also access saved locations through Assistant and add new stops along your journey.
With so many new products being announced at CES 2019, it’s easy to overlook app updates, but if you use Google Maps regularly, this is definitely good news.
- Give your dumb car some smart features with Google Assistant through Verizon Hum
- Amazon wants to put Whole Foods and Prime Now delivery services into more locations
- GE finally adds a splash of color to its range of smart light bulbs
- Withings joins Apple Watch with its own version of ECG monitoring
- Hyundai’s concept walking car is exactly the future I envisioned