Hands-On: Mortal Kombat 11 on Nintendo Switch
Will it be able to compete with other platforms?
As I’ve written about it before, but the Switch has quickly become my favorite console and while I still play more PC games, the Switch’s portability has found a special place in my heart. I’m happy to report that Mortal Kombat 11 on the Switch feels amazing.
While I didn’t get a ton of playtime with the title, the fighting felt tight and the responsiveness with the Joy-Cons was perfect. I only played in handheld mode, sadly, it would have been nice to experience the game with a Pro controller.
Movement and combos had that patented MK feel and the finishers were gruesome and unique
It there is a low point, and something Switch users are used to at this point, it’s the visuals. They do not look bad, but some of the polish that can be found from the game on other platforms is not there. Honestly, though, the fighting is smooth and that’s worth some decreased graphical fidelity.
After some time with the game, I’m not sure which platform I’ll be purchasing the title for, but the Nintendo Switch definitely has a fighting chance.
- Hands-on: Days Gone is a gorgeous, high-octane zombie shooter
- Hands-on: The new Samurai Shodown is fast, brutal, and most importantly, fun
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled may be the Dark Souls of kart racers
- Here are your free PlayStation Plus games for April 2019
- Here are your free Xbox Games with Gold for April 2019