Microsoft’s new mobile app brings together all your favorite Office software
Ok, this actually looks pretty great.
Working on your phone, in theory, is a wonderful thing. It opens up the world a bit, but if you’re like me, finding quality apps that actually make work easier can be a burden. Microsoft is hoping to change that with its new Office mobile app.
The new app, which bundles Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF functionality, is currently available as a preview for both iOS and Android.
The new Office mobile app brings all of your favorite Microsoft software under one roof
Not only do you get refreshed mobile versions of your classic Office software, but there are plenty of other tools included that should be of use to almost anyone who uses their phone for work.
Some of the notable feature of the new Office mobile app:
- Document scanning
- Whiteboard scanning
- Table scanning for Excel
- A notes app for quick access
- PDF signing
- Handwriting-to-text note taking
The app is not yet available for everyone, with TheNextWeb noting that the limited number of iOS signups quickly filled up. If you’re an Android user, however, you can skip on over to Microsoft to gain access to the new app.
The new app will be included with users’ Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Google Play Points rewards users for spending money on the Play Store
- Great, researchers have found a way to hack Alexa, Google Home, and Siri with laser pointers
- 10 crowdfunding campaigns you should probably be checking out in November
- WTF is up with the new Microsoft Edge logo?