Netflix is launching a dirt cheap $3 a month mobile-only subscription in India
Would you subscribe to a plan like this?
Netflix has officially launched a new, $3-a-month subscription that’s mobile-only. The catch? You’ll only be able to use it if you live in India.
The Rs. 199 ($2.88) a month tier was just launched at an event in New Delhi, India earlier today.
You’ll be able to get a $3-a-month, mobile-only Netflix subscription – if you live in India
The earlier testing this year must have gone well, as Netflix has put the mobile-only, dirt cheap subscription tier into action.
The $3 tier will likely help Netflix inflate subscriber numbers at a time where everyone and their dog is launching their own streaming service to steal away attention. After all, there are only so many eyes in the world, meaning a set number of potential subscribers. Bringing a cheap plan to the market might just be what is needed to stay on top.
- The $3 plan gives access to all of Netflix’s content, in Standard Definition, to one device
- It’ll work on both Android and iOS tablets
- Users won’t be able to cast or mirror content
- It’s India-only
- Indian Netflix subscribers use their mobile phones to consume content more than anywhere else in the world
I’d be tempted by a similar plan in the US, but I don’t know if I could go back to watching everything in SD.
What do you think? Would this be a plan you would be interested in if it came to the US? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- For some reason, there’s a new RED Hydrogen phone on the way
- Surprise, surprise, three more iPhones are coming this fall
- Facebook let a bunch of unauthorized users message your kids
- Honda joins the growing list of Key by Amazon In-Car delivery partners