Leaked images show what the disc-less Xbox One could look like
The rumored price seems a bit high, though.
We’ve been hearing reports about a disc-less Xbox One for some time, and now, German blog Winfuture.de has released some images that it says are from the upcoming console.
In addition to the images, it seems that the Xbox One S All Digital Edition could release in May with pre-orders starting as soon as this month. The console could be announced as early as tomorrow, April 16, at Microsoft’s Inside Xbox event.
The design looks very similar to the current Xbox One console, minus a disc drive
As for the price, that is still up in the air, with some reports stating it will be in the $200 range, while Winfuture.de’s report has that price tag at $260. This seems a bit steep, considering you can currently get an Xbox One S with the 1TB hard drive and Anthem on Amazon for $249 currently.
That being said, the disc-less version will reportedly come with a 1TB hard drive and include Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Horizon 3 so there is some added value there. But, still, $260 seems steep.
Hopefully, we’ll find out more about the rumored Xbox One S All Digital tomorrow during the Inside Xbox event. Keep an eye on this space for updates.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night captures what Castlevania has been missing for 11 years
- Acer just announced a ton of new PCs and accessories
- Here are the games coming to the Oculus Quest
- Fortnite takes a page from Apex Legends, adds a respawn feature
- Antstream wants to let you stream retro video games almost anywhere