A noted Apple analyst expects to see a new Apple Watch this season – yup, another one
Ming-Chi Kuo is back at it again.
If a new research note by famed Apple analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo is to be believed, there’s a new Apple Watch series coming soon.
The reported Series 5 might also bring titanium to the casings, something that Apple hasn’t done before.
The Apple Watch Series 5 seems to be on the way
Kuo reckons the new watch is coming in the second half of 2019, due to Apple putting in new orders for OLED screens from a Chinese manufacturer. Does that mean we’ll see the new models release alongside this years iPhones?
It fits Apple’s usual release schedule for the Watch, so maybe? Apple could well fix its lagging iPhone sales by selling more watches since they have the wearables market on virtual lockdown.
- Graphics hidden in the beta code for watchOS 6 point to ceramic and titanium casings. They could also be coming in 40mm and 44mm sizes, the same as the Series 4 (iHelp BR)
- watchOS will bring the App Store to your wrist
- No sleep tracking, yet – that’s coming next year, hopefully
With September fast approaching, it’s not long now before we find out of everything we think we know about the Apple Watch and the iPhone comes to fruition.
What do you think? Interested in yet another watch from Apple? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Spotify’s Premium Family plan is getting parental controls to help block out the swears
- Apple seems to have removed the ability to swear on the iOS swipe keyboard
- You can now send timely reminders to family and friends using Google Assistant
- Capital One suffered a major data breach affecting 106 million customers