Airbnb is now in the business of selling you African Safaris and other crazy shit
I can’t see this going wrong, nope…
The new service consists of all-in-one trips to exotic locations, all hosted by local experts.
Airbnb Adventures will take the hard work out of planning exotic trips
Just like how Airbnb has apartment owners apply to join the service, Adventures operators need to apply and show that they are good to go for hosting tourists. That means anyone guiding you will have the necessary qualifications and permits to be your host. The Adventures trips are also all-inclusive, so lodging, meals and activities are all covered by the prices shown on the website.
Airbnb Adventures is an expansion of the company’s one-day Experiences program. Airbnb is hoping that millennials raised on Instagram will be hungry for the new programs as ways to get more feed-worthy snaps.
- The Adventures website has over 200 trips at launch
- Those trips can be from two days to ten in length
- Trips are priced from $130 to thousands of dollars per person
- Some of the experiences on offer include tracking lions on foot near Nairobi, dogsledding in Alaska, or walking with elephants in Chiang Mai
I can’t wait for the first reports of spycams hidden on native warriors.
- In Mark Zuckerberg’s ‘stolen data’ video, can we admit that deepfake technology is already out of hand?
- Even Uber’s self-driving cars aren’t safe from passenger road rage
- So yeah, your photos were DEFINITELY hacked in that Border Patrol breach last month
- Spotify is mixing podcasts and music together in a new playlist