Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is getting Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters
Finally, some good news.
From July 11 through sometime in August, new items featuring Sanrio characters can be acquired through a variety of means.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp welcomes Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters
Here’s what we know so far about the new collaboration between Nintendo and Sanrio:
- Everyone gets a Hello Kitty bow
- There’s a Scavenger Hunt event from July 11th through July 22nd for t-shirts and various other “amenities”
- There’s a new Sanrio fortune cookie collection
- Collection #1 (July 11th) features Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll, Collection #2 (late July) features Pompompurin and My Melody, and Collection #3 (early August) features Little Twin Stars and Keroppi
It’s unclear exactly what will be available, but Nintendo promises “sofas, beds, hats, and dresses” at the very least. Nintendo also won’t say if Sanrio characters will actually be in the game visiting your camp or just featured on items, but I would be surprised if Hello Kitty didn’t drop in at some point.
Hello Kitty is the second-largest media franchise in the world, behind only Pokémon, so I expect this to be a big one. I just want to know if we’ll see Retsuko and Badtz-Maru.
- Nintendo finally reveals its smaller, more affordable Nintendo Switch Lite
- A gamer has joined the 2020 presidential race because, sure, why not
- A new rewind feature is coming to Nintendo Switch Online titles to keep you from rage quitting
- Your wasted life quantified as Candy Crush reaches its 5,000th level