Google made a free game builder that lets any scrub make a game
No coding required.
The aim is to “make building a game feel like playing a game,” reducing the barrier to entry for budding game designers.
Game Builder is now available on Steam
Game Builder is also designed to be collaborative, so multiple people can work on the same game at the same time. There are thousands of 3D models to use in the program, or you can import almost any models you find on the internet.
Google says you can throw games together in ten minutes, or spend hours/days/weeks/forever creating your masterpiece:
- Area 120 got its name from the 20-percent of work time that employees at Google can use on side-projects
- The in-house incubator has also produced things to help with literacy levels or expand smart replies to other apps
If you have the burning need to create games (without the crushing development cycle of major studios), you can download Game Builder for PC or Mac from Steam.
- Airbnb is now in the business of selling you African Safaris and other crazy shit
- Facebook’s stupid crypto thing is reportedly going live next year
- So yeah, your photos were DEFINITELY hacked in that Border Patrol breach last month
- Even Uber’s self-driving cars aren’t safe from passenger road rage