Google Stadia is expanding to Chromecast with Google TV and Android TV
Google is adding a bunch of new ways to play Stadia.
Google is expanding its cloud gaming service to a bunch of new devices in a couple of weeks. Starting June 23, Stadia will be available on Chromecast with Google TV, as well as several different Android TV devices.
According to The Verge, Google is moving forward with a pretty significant expansion of its cloud gaming platform. As of now, a Chromecast Ultra stick combined with the Stadia Controller is the only way to use the service on a TV. All of that is set to change with the June 23 update.
This update adds a bunch of televisions and streaming devices to the list of devices that can run Stadia, in addition to bringing the service to Chromecast with Google TV.
Here’s the full list of televisions and devices that will be supported starting June 23:
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Onn FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Nvidia Shield TV and Shield TV PRO
- Hisense Android Smart TVs
- Philips 8215, 8505, and OLED 935 / 805 Series Android TVs
- Xiaomi MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
Starting on June 23, you’ll be able to download and play with the Stadia app on all of these devices. If you have a different Android TV device, you may still be able to use Stadia starting June 23. You will have to “opt-in” to experimental features, and they may not always work properly.
Stadia offers access to over 180 games that you can stream on Android, Apple, and Windows devices. The service is free, but for $10 a month, you can get Stadia Pro, which gives you access to a bunch of free games and discounts every month, as well as the ability to play in 4K.
- Google wants you to know it still cares about Stadia and that 100 new games are coming in 2021
- Google Stadia continues to hemorrhage talent as more people leave to work on new projects
- A new xCloud update turns the Surface Duo into a handheld Xbox
- Microsoft’s xCloud service will get 1080p game streaming soon
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways we keep the lights on here. Click here for more.