Here’s how to watch the Samsung Unpacked event on August 7
Or yanno, you could do something productive, like read a book.
It’s August, which means BBQ, sun, and less than a month until your rugrats go back to school. It’s also the time that Samsung traditionally releases the latest Galaxy Note handset, which is supposed to be unveiled at an Unpacked event tomorrow, August 7, in New York.
Along with the new Note(s), we’re expecting to see a bunch of other devices and possibly some accessories.
Samsung’s next Unpacked event is on Aug 7 – here’s what to expect
This year, Samsung is rumored to be taking Notes, with two models being unpacked tomorrow. That’s the normal-sized Note 10, and the supersized Note 10 Pro. Both handsets look to have almost no bezels, a hole-punch selfie cam, and the super-useful S-pen. What they won’t have? A headphone jack, apparently.
Samsung showed it off over the weekend but we’ll likely see more of the updated Galaxy Watch Active, with LTE and a bigger battery. The Galaxy Tab S6 might be on the show floor, but will it be mentioned in the stage event? Will the redesigned Galaxy Fold actually make an appearance, or will Samsung feel that it might take away from the Note 10’s thunder?
And where the heck is the Galaxy Home smart speaker? Not that we want more Bixby in our lives, but the device had promise.
- The event is at 4 pm ET, 1 pm PT, 9 pm BST, from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn (that’s where Samsung unveiled the Note 9 last year)
- If you want to watch live, you’ll find streams on Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked homepage, on Samsung’s Facebook page, and on Samsung’s official YouTube channel.
We’ll be live-tweeting during the event, as well as constant updates on the site.
- Google Assistant can now read your messages from third-party apps
- Apple will not let you use its Apple Card with a jailbroken iPhone
- Cloudflare is no longer sheltering 8chan behind its firewalls
- Free supercharging is coming back to Tesla Model X and S ranges