Free supercharging is coming back to Tesla Model X and S ranges
You’ll get a jolt outta this deal.
In a move that’s probably going to make some recent buyers grumble, Tesla is once again giving “free unlimited” supercharging with Model X or Model S purchases.
New buyers of a Tesla Model X or Model S will get free supercharging
When it released in the second half of 2017, the Model 3 was a runaway success. So much so, that it appears to be taking sales away from the higher-priced Model X and Model S ranges. The reintroduction of free, unlimited supercharging for the higher-priced models seems to be a way to rectify the sales slump.
Tesla has a long history of similar bonuses for purchases or referrals:
- Tesla previously had a free, unlimited supercharging program which ended January 1, 2017. Buyers after that received 1,000 supercharger miles per year
- At that time, it introduced referrals for unlimited supercharger use program, which was limited to certain models, and ended in September 2018
- It was replaced by a referrals bonus program with prizes such as the ride-on Tesla Model S for Kids, or secret prizes such as an invitation to come watch a SpaceX launch
- The current referrals program is for supercharger miles
Tesla bringing unlimited supercharging back to its higher-end models is not only a sales hook – it’s a nice way to differentiate the much more expensive vehicles from the Model 3.
- You can now use Siri Shortcuts on your Neato robovac
- Tesla’s ‘dog mode’ doesn’t work unless your AC is set to automatic
- Lyft halts e-bike operations in San Francisco after a handful of battery fires
- The Impossible Burger is coming to a Burger King near you