It looks like Apple may be bringing a new, cheaper iPhone SE to market
Wait, I thought Apple forgot how to do cheap?
Apple is supposedly working on a low-cost iPhone to release next spring. That could make it the next iteration of the iPhone SE, with a similar price tag.
Apple is reportedly coming out with an iPhone SE successor
When it launched, the 2016 iPhone SE was $399, half the price of the existing iPhone range. With Apple’s iPhone sales slowing down, it’s a perfect time for them to release an updated version, with a similar price-point to battle in the midrange arena.
Apple is really only competing with itself at the flagship level, so a lower-cost device might grab some market share back from the Android crowd.
- The 2016 iPhone SE was $399
- Apple has lost ground lately to companies like Huawei and Oppo
- The new handset will have an LCD display instead of the OLED used in the rest of the range
- It will be similar in size to the 2017 iPhone 8, according to the three sources Nikkei spoke to
It’s about time Apple refreshed the iPhone SE. I mean, even Google has a midrange device nowadays. If Apple is to get back its hold over the smartphone market, it can’t just be about the luxury, high-end anymore.
- Google is finally working on a fix for the Calendar spam problem
- Some tricky bastards used fake voice tech to trick a CEO into wiring them $243,000
- Firefox now blocks third-party tracking cookies and cryptomining by default
- Facebook is considering removing Like counts from your thirsty FB posts