Paramount+ overtakes Apple TV+ in streaming wars
And Prime Video is absolutely crushing it. Who would have thought.
In Q1 of 2023, the streaming landscape saw some notable shifts and heated competition.
According to JustWatch data, Prime Video’s dominance in the streaming market remains unshaken, while Netflix retains a firm grip on second place.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the latest streaming platform rankings:
- Prime Video remains the reigning champion, holding onto its position as the largest streaming platform in the US.
- Paramount+ makes a surprising leap, overtaking
Apple TV+ and cementing its place among the top contenders.
- Disney+ and HBO Max are neck and neck for third place, with Disney+ facing a potential slide after losing subscribers in Q1.
However, the real story is Paramount+’s surge, which has left
Meanwhile, Disney+ is feeling the heat as it dropped the most subscribers since January. This decline threatens its position, potentially allowing HBO Max to snatch third place in the near future.
- Prime Video: #1 in the US streaming market
- Netflix: A strong second
- Disney+ vs. HBO Max: A tight race for third
- Paramount+: Overtakes
Apple TV+ and gains traction
Seeing how these platforms adapt to maintain or gain market share will be interesting as the streaming wars continue. However, all it takes is for one of them to increase their prices, as that’s always certain to throw a wrench in the gears.
With Paramount+ making waves and Disney+ faltering, the future of streaming is anything but predictable.
Have any thoughts on this? Drop us a line below in the comments, or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- The best streaming services (2023)
- Why I’m finally pulling the trigger on a Paramount Plus subscription
- The best places to watch free movies online
- YouTube now lets creators dub videos in other languages
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways we keep the lights on here. Click here for more.