PSA: If you have a 2018 MacBook Air with a faulty logic board, Apple will fix it for free
Luckily, only a small number of computers are affected.
If you’re the owner of a 2018 MacBook Air, you might have a faulty computer. A “very small number” of 2018 MacBook Air models are affected by a logic board issue, but don’t worry – Apple will fix it free of charge.
The issue was spotted by 9to5mac, who saw an internal Apple memo mentioning that certain 13-inch MacBook Air units are eligible for the fix. There’s not much information as to what the actual issue is, just some references to issues with “power.” That could be anything from not powering on to issues with sleep mode.
Some 2018 MacBook Air models have this fault
If you own a 13-inch 2018 MacBook Air, Apple will be emailing you once it figures out which serial numbers are affected. Usually, Apple puts its repair programs on the Exchange and Repair Extension Program page.
The fact it’s not up there (yet) might point to the issue actually being the “very small number” that Apple claims.
- If you own that specific model and haven’t seen an email, you can always go into an Apple Store or authorized repair center to get your device checked
- Your warranty will be extended to four years from the original purchase date if your MacBook Air 2018 is one of the affected serials
Sheesh, Apple just can’t catch a break lately. Jony Ive stepping away last week, and now another device-related issue. Makes me wonder if the MacBook’s keyboard issues started before or after Ive started delegating more…
What do you think? Worried that your MacBook Air is affected? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Jony Ive left Apple because Tim Cook lost his boner for design
- KnowTechie Roundtable: Which childhood movie terrified you about technology the most?
- Twitter is going to start labeling harmful tweets from folks like Donald Trump and other bozos
- Google Maps will now show how late and crowded your transit commute is going to be