A new report claims Netflix is working on its own Resident Evil series
I’m all for this.
With the remake of Resident Evil 2 fresh in our minds, new information coming from Deadline states that Netflix is currently working on a Resident Evil series to add to the streaming network’s growing list of original programming.
According to the report, German production company Constantin Film (which produced the movies) is coming back for the series and it will be based on the world of Resident Evil.
With six movies now, the report doesn’t go into details about what timeline to expect, but personally, I would prefer to see something that calls back to a timeline more in line with the first few movies and the initial outbreak of the T-Virus. It is also possible that this could just reboot the universe and the movies exist in their own timeline. I would be fine either way.
At present time, there is very little information regarding the series. No showrunners or storylines have been announced, but it is noted that it could focus a bit more on the shadiness and “inner workings” of the Umbrella Corporation.
Personally, I’m excited to see more information come to light regarding a Resident Evil series. I’ve always thought The Walking Dead did a poor job of capturing the zombie feel I was looking for in a show and with the streaming service’s track record, a Resident Evil series could be very exciting.
- The Jackbox Party Pack is now on the Epic Games Store for the wonderful price of free
- 3 new Nintendo Switch games you need to check out in February
- MoviePass is apparently trying to launch new plans, including an unlimited option
- You can now get Hulu’s ad-supported tier for only $5.99
- All the movies and TV shows Netflix is adding in February 2019