LOL, Samsung is working on a second folding phone despite the Galaxy Fold clown show
Maybe just stop?
Samsung is building out foldables as a whole new product category, with the next device on the slate a horizontally-folding phone.
It might fold horizontally but don’t call it a clamshell
While the indefinitely-postponed Galaxy Fold was a vertical-folding device aimed at screen size, the upcoming device will be built for portability.
You’ve probably seen the renders of the rumored Moto Razr foldable by now, and Samsung’s device is likely to be very similar. Great for your pocket, if not for your pocketbook…
- The 6.7-inch screen will fold horizontally, like the flip-phones of old
- When folded, there will be a one-inch OLED on the outside to show notifications
- The components are scheduled to be manufactured at the end of this year, with a tentative release in the first half of 2020
- Will the smaller screen make for a more affordable device than the $2K price tag on the Galaxy Fold?
With the smaller form factor, the next foldable phone from Samsung should be around the size of the Galaxy S10 when unfolded. It’ll be much easier to pocket once folded, which might make it easier to protect with some kind of pouch.
- Classical music is slowly being eradicated from streaming music platforms
- Faulty audio surveillance systems with ‘aggression detectors’ are being sold to schools
- The FTC is finally cracking down on those scummy robocallers
- Spotify is demanding refunds from the artists it “overpaid” in 2018