Samsung is holding its next Unpacked event on August 7 – Here’s what to expect
Wonder if there will be any mention of the Galaxy Fold…
Samsung just sent out some invites to an Unpacked event, scheduled for August 7.
While Samsung didn’t name what’s being shown off, the image accompanying the invite showed the S-Pen, so it’s a fair bet that the device unpacked will be the Galaxy Note 10.
The Galaxy Note 10 is likely to be shown off on August 7
Months of leaks have lead up to this date, and like with most Samsung handsets, we know most of what’s going to be unveiled at the event. Even the date was leaked, although we could have guessed it within a week or so, as the Galaxy Note event is usually in the first part of August each year.
- We’ve seen renders of the device showing no visible fingerprint scanner. That probably means that the under-display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner from the Galaxy S10 is going to be on the new Note 10
- There’s also something else absent on those renders – the headphone jack. Seems the Note is finally paving over that hole
- The device will have physical side buttons, minus the Bixby button everyone loved to hate
- There will likely be two versions, and some 5G variants of those
While the Note doesn’t sell anywhere near as many units as the S-range, it has been the home of Samsung’s ultra-premium phone tech. It still will be this year, since the Galaxy Fold is still MIA, with the phablet and its loved S-Pen likely to be a hot item this summer.
- Amazon’s latest PR stunt involved fake packages and a failed sting operation
- Dick Pic Attack is another “prank” app that is just as awful as it sounds
- Facebook wants to fight fake news going into the 2020 census
- Jony Ive left Apple because Tim Cook lost his boner for design