This Chrome extension gives you the old Twitter layout back
Because New Twitter is like New Coke…
You might be one of the people that actually like the new Twitter layout, but chances are you want the old, familiar feed back. Twitter used to let you choose between the two but now the redesign has been foisted upon everyone, like a drunk uncle at a wedding.
Take the power back with the handy GoodTwitter Chrome extension, which gives you the uncluttered old Twitter UI back again.
Let’s face it, New Twitter is like New Coke – polarizing at best
The new Twitter redesign seems to have just added more buttons to press, rather than do anything about the stupid amount of wasted space your Twitter feed takes up on a 16:9 screen. I mean it’s best used on a mobile device, right? Maybe if Twitter cared, they’d fold Tweetdeck’s multi-column view into the main site, so you could scroll two or three times as fast.
Since that’s probably not going to happen, you might want to know how to get back to the old design. There’s a handy Chrome extension for that, GoodTwitter. Maybe the name could do some tweaking, as it’s subjective whether the old site was good and the new one is bad, but other than that it’s super handy.
- Install the extension from the Chrome Store
- Head on over to Twitter and enjoy the familiarity of the old site.
Now, just remember they say familiarity breeds contempt, and we all know there’s more than enough contemptuous people on Twitter already.
What do you think? Do you like the new Twitter design or do you plan on downloading this Chrome extension? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Some guy tried to fly across the English Channel on a hoverboard and failed miserably
- I’ve been using this Nozzer Anti Sleep watch for the past week – here’s the shocking verdict
- The DOJ just launched a huge antitrust review into all your favorite tech companies
- Facebook gets whacked with a fine for possibly letting advertisers see 2FA phone numbers