You’ll soon be able to set Samuel L. Jackson as the voice for your Alexa device
Alexa, do I look like a bitch?
He might “hate this hacker crap!” but that isn’t going to stop Samuel L. Jackson from guest starring on Amazon’s Alexa. Later this year, users of the usually-tame Alexa voice assistant will get the chance to buy the expletive-laden voice of Samuel L. Jackson to replace her dulcet tones.
UPDATE 5/31/2023: Amazon’s Alexa has had a brief flirtation with the stars, but it looks like their party is getting cut short. Amazon is retiring its celebrity voice feature for Alexa. It was fun while it lasted.
Samuel L. Jackson will bring extra expletives to Amazon’s Alexa
Hold onto your butts, Alexa is going R-rated. Samuel L. Jackson is going to be the first actor-turned-AI added to Alexa devices, and yes, he’ll be swearing up a storm. Don’t worry, you can turn off the swearing if you need to, but you’ll diminish his essence in the process. That’s some shit…
- Jackson says he’s asked weekly to reenact the Pulp Fiction scene where he reads biblical passage Ezekiel 25:17. I guess now you can get your Echo device to do it on command
- More celebrity voices will be added in 2020
- Alexa also is getting some new privacy features, like auto-deletion of voice recordings
I can only hope that if the Samuel L. Jackson version of Alexa mishears you, it’ll respond with “English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?”
- You can now apply for a job at McDonald’s through Alexa and Google Assistant for some reason
- Amazon makes an Echo wall clock and I kind of want one
- Waze users will soon have access to Google Assistant
- iPhone 11 Pro Max’s battery life crushes Android flagships