Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs hopes to capture fans of AR and feisty fowl
This looks decent.
There was a time where it seemed like everyone and their mother played Angry Birds. That time has obviously passed, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t still a place for a new Angry Birds experience on mobile.
And what better way to bring the series back then with some mobile buzzwords. Specifically, augmented reality. Resolution Games and Rovio, the teams behind the new Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs, just released a new trailer showing off some of the AR features in the mobile game.
Check out Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs
There’s not much else known about the game at this time. It is a reimagining of Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs and features plenty of destructible environments, a first-person slingshot, and a bunch of pigs that need to be disposed of.
It should be noted that the game requires ARKit, which is found on iPhone models 6s and newer. It will also work on all iPad Pro models and regular iPads that are 5th or 6th generation.
Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs is supposed to be available for pre-order now, but it seems the App Store link is not yet live.
- Activision and Tencent bring Call of Duty to iOS and Android
- Is Sony working on a wireless version of its PSVR headset?
- Snapchat could announce its gaming platform next month
- Stardew Valley is now available on Android so do yourself a favor and download it
- You can now stream PC or Android games to your Xbox One