Asus has started a GPU trade-up program for UK gamers
No sign of it on this side of the pond, yet.
The Trade-Up model that almost every cellphone carrier has operated for years is coming to PC gaming. Asus has a new Trade Up Your Graphics program, which lets you get cash off your next Asus graphics card (GPU) purchase.
The catch? There doesn’t appear to be one, other than the program being limited to the U.K. currently.
Trade Up Your Graphics with Asus
It’s pretty simple to get cash knocked off your next GPU purchase, but you will have to buy the new GPU first.
- Make sure you check if the new GPU you’re buying is part of the promotion, and also the card you’re trading in. Most Nvidia cards are eligible, with only the RX480 and RX580 being eligible from AMD’s offerings
- Buy the new graphics card. It’ll have to be purchased between July 1 and August 30 to be eligible
- Fill out the claims form, then ship your old GPU to Asus and wait
- The rebate will be sent back as a bank transfer. Just be aware that it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to receive it, depending on the speed of processing
This is a pretty decent promotional discount, even if you have to jump through some hoops to get it. If you’re in the U.S., EVGA has a similar program right now, with owners of an EVGA GeForce 900 or 700 Series Card able to get some cash off a purchase of a new EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series Card.
Always remember to check all the small print, as there’s nothing worse than thinking you’re getting a deal only to find out that it’s not as good as it seemed.
- Facebook wants to fight fake news going into the 2020 census
- It is now illegal to distribute deepfake revenge porn in Virginia
- Some poor sap in Florida is losing his job for that $500,000 Bitcoin ransom
- Review: Cybarian – an old-school action game without the benefit of nostalgia goggles