This web app reminds you of your friends’ birthdays, which means you can finally delete Facebook
Happy birthday to us.
Plus it’s free, nobody but you will see your data (according to the developer), and turning off my adblocker didn’t immediately turn the site into a flashing mess of advertising.
Here’s how to do it
If the only reason you’re still holding on to your Facebook account is to remind you of your friend’s birthdays, now you can finally delete your account.
READ MORE: I’m done wishing happy birthday to people on Facebook
Okay, not just yet, as you’ll need it in a minute to transfer some information across, but really soon, okay?
- Head on over to the Birthdays Reminder website and click on the big, green Get Started button
- Add your email address then go into your email account to find the email that the site will send, and click on the verification link
- Add your Name and Birthday here (the site says it needs this to comply with EU law)
- Set the reminder time and timezone you want
Oh, and you can manually add birthdays from the main page if you don’t want anything touching your Facebook account.
READ MORE: How to delete Facebook without losing any of your photos and contacts
What do you think? Is this something you’d use to keep up with your friends’ birthdays or are you like Curtis and avoid wishing people happy birthday on Facebook? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Snapchat employees could have been snooping in on your private data and saved Snaps
- AT&T will now let you pay your bill with cryptocurrency
- Amazon wants to pay you a measly $25 to 3D-scan your body
- There’s a 25% chance your Google Duplex request is being handled by a human