Canon just upgraded its best vlogging camera
A quality camera that can be used for 4K vlogging for under $1,000? Nice.
Canon’s been at the top of the pile for low-weight, high-spec cameras for vloggers and that dominance isn’t going away soon. The PowerShot G7 X III and G5 Mark II were just released, bringing a few new tricks to the party.
The $899.99 PowerShot G5 Mark II is perfect for hiking expeditions, or second-camera duties for those who already use Canon’s EOS line. The real star of the duo is the $799.99 PowerShot G7 X III though, with its creator-friendly features, flip-up screen, and 4K record capabilities.
The new Canon PowerShot G7 X III is perfect for vlogging
The G7 X Mark II has been a mainstay of YouTubers since it arrived in 2016, but it had one drawback – it was limited to 1080p. The Mark III fixes that, upgrading the camera’s max recording resolution to 4K at up to 30fps. It’s got Canon’s new 20.1 Megapixel stacked CMOS sensor, up to 20fps continuous in photo mode, and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, so you can be connected wherever you are.
- The PowerShot G7 X III can stream directly to YouTube, via Wi-Fi. Oh, and it has vertical video support for those Instagram Stories.
- It’ll capture 4K footage at 30fps with no crop, Full HD up to 120fps, and has an optical 4.2x zoom lens
- As a first for the PowerShot G7, the all-important 3.5mm mic jack has been added, for better live-streaming audio quality
I can see a ton of creators going out and picking this up, the small size, image quality, and the new inbuilt live-streaming feature makes it a perfect alternative to the Sony RX series cameras that are also used.
- Poolside.fm is literally the best website you’ll visit today
- Amazon bribed police offers to advertise Ring home security products in exchange for free stuff
- Facebook Games, the thing you probably never used, is leaving Facebook Messenger
- T-Mobile has no plans to sell the Galaxy Fold when it’s re-released in September