This mouse controls the computer that is built inside of it
It continues to amaze me what people can do with a little bit of gumption, technical know-how, maybe a bit of boredom, and that sweet YouTube money.
Take, for example, Youtuber Electronic Grenade who put a literal computer inside of a mouse-like enclosure. Using a Raspberry Pi Zero, a small (1.5″) OLED screen, and a 3D-printed case, Electronic Grenade was able to make a mouse that was not only functional but could control the tiny computer, as well.
Check out the video
More about the video
There is currently no full-blow how-to video on how the YouTube did it, but he does note that a full how-to video is on the way. Some of the struggles included creating a mouse enclosure that functioned as a both a Raspberry Pi casing, as well as the sensors for the actual mouse.
In the video, Electronic Grenade is even able to run a Raspberry Pi version of Minecraft on the tiny PC, for about 15 seconds.
What do you think? Pretty cool, huh? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Here’s why Stardew Valley is better than Harvest Moon
- Amazon’s Fire TV Stick now comes with a remote that can control your TV
- Hate your smart TV spying on you? You’ll have to pay more for a normal one
- Give your dumb car some smart features with Google Assistant through Verizon Hum
- Pandora joins the trend of putting voice assistants into everything