You can now get an Samsung Edge-styled sidebar without the need of a pricey Samsung phone
Have instant access to your favorite things.
Price is almost certainly one of the reasons curved edge screens haven’t caught on. Now, however, you don’t have to buy one of Samsung’s expensive flagship devices to experience the benefits of using an edged screen. Instead, all you have to do is download the new Edge Screen app.
Now available in Google Play, Edge Screen is a free sidebar app that mimics what you can do with Samsung Edge without needing a Galaxy device. This “always available” sidebar doesn’t have a large third-party ecosystem at this time, but even the official Edge application is light on support.
With Edge Screen, you can add many things to the tray, including shortcuts for your favorite contacts, apps, calendar applications, and music players. You can check out the full list of features below.
- App Edge: Add your favorite and most-used application in the sidebar panel and open them by just sliding to open the Add Edge panel.
- People Edge: How do you usually call or send a message to your frequent contacts? How about adding them to the People Edge panel and access to them from virtually anywhere?
- Quick Tools: Your phone is too big to open the notification panel with one hand? Well, try toggling system settings from the sidebar app.
- Soft Keys: The physical buttons of your Android phone are not working smoothly? Well, the Soft Keys panel provides you with software buttons that function as Home, Back, Recent Apps, and power buttons.
- Calendar: Your meetings, event, and appointments have never been easier to access the Calendar panel.
- Call Log: This edge panel lets you have access to your call logs and manage your call history from the edge panel.
- Edge Music Player: Can you think of the coolest and easiest way to control the playing music? Well, let’s try the edge music player feature.
- Edge Screen also enables you to easily take a screenshot and access your files and folders from the edge panels.
Edge Screen isn’t the first side panel app to arrive for Android devices. However, as SlashGear has explained, few side panel apps can boast of being “beautiful, easy to use, and powerful all at the same time. Plus it comes with a recommendation from XDA, too.”
Will you check out Edge Screen? Let us know below.
For more tech news, see:
- The red OnePlus 6 drops on July 10th and that’s cool I guess
- 28% of millennials would give up their pet for a week instead of ditching their smartphone
- We could see Nvidia’s next line of GeForce GPUs unveiled as early as next month