Google Photos is partnering with CVS and Walmart so you can get one-day prints
That’s like, fast, man.
Google is experimenting with letting you order single prints or canvas prints, right from the Photos app. That’s according to an APK teardown of the latest app, done by 9to5Google.
In it, they also found that Google is planning to work with CVS and Walmart (the wording in the code is a bit vague, but it seems to be both) to deliver same-day pickup for 4×6 inch photos, and options for canvas prints with a three day print time.
[Updated] The ability to pick up prints from CVS is already rolling out, thanks to a partnership with Kodak Moments. That makes getting prints from over 7,400 locations super easy, and even easier in October when the service becomes available in more markets nationwide.
Google Photos will soon let you get one-day photo prints
Google has let you order photo books from inside the Photos app for a couple of years now, so this new functionality is expanding the existing options.
- The feature should show up in the navigation menu next to “Photo books“. There’s also a chance that both options will bundle together in a Print store section.
- Both CVS and Walmart already offer same-day photo printing.
It’s a fact that with our reliance on smartphones to document our lives, we’re printing less of those pictures. I mean, the digital version won’t fade, get lost in moves, or any of the other pitfalls of physical photos. Still, it’s sometimes nice to have physical prints, maybe to give to a friend or to frame on the wall. Having the ability to print easily from the app might get people printing more.
What do you think? Is this a Google feature you could see yourself using? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Instagram now lets you share Pandora music in your Stories – Here’s how
- How to opt-out of Facebook’s automatic facial recognition tagging
- Yup, there’s a lot more ads on Instagram and Facebook is behind it all
- Google has started rolling out Android 10 to all users