Instagram now lets you share Pandora music in your Stories – Here’s how
This is cool, I guess.
If you’re a Pandora user, you’ll soon be able to share your favorite music or podcasts to Instagram. Think of it as the digital version of lending your friends your record collection, just with a short advertising interlude before the music.
Sending your musical tastes to Instagram gives your friends a better picture of who you are, while also giving Pandora a new audience to tempt.
Pandora is now letting you share your favorite music in your Instagram Stories
Pandora has played with offering non-paid subscribers access to premium content if they watch short adverts. This integration with Instagram is just widening the net, getting Pandora to an audience that wasn’t already using the service.
To share what you’re listening to, it’s simple:
- Start listening to a track or podcast
- Tap the Share button on the Now Playing screen
- Select Instagram Stories as the destination
- That will generate cover art, which you can customize with stickers and text
- If you prefer, you can send that art as a direct or group message, instead of to your Instagram Stories
Pandora has pressed play on the feature for a limited number of its subscribers, with the rest of the userbase to follow in the weeks ahead.
- How to opt-out of Facebook’s automatic facial recognition tagging
- Yup, there’s a lot more ads on Instagram and Facebook is behind it all
- Google has started rolling out Android 10 to all users
- It looks like Apple may be bringing a new, cheaper iPhone SE to market