Here’s how to download iOS 12 public beta on your iPhone
There could be bugs.
Rather not wait for Apple’s newest software? You can now download the first iOS 12 public beta. Here’s how to do it.
On Monday, Apple introduced the first public beta for iOS 12, macOS Mojave, and tvOS 12. These are pre-release versions of the software coming this fall for iOS devices, Macs, and
As they explain,
The feedback you provide on quality and usability helps us identify issues, fix them, and make Apple software even better. Please note that since the public beta software has not yet been commercially released by Apple, it may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not function as well as commercially released software. Be sure to back up your iOS device with iTunes and your Mac using Time Machine before installing beta software. Since
Apple TVpurchases and data are stored in the cloud, there’s no need to back up your Apple TV. Install the beta software only on non-production devices that are not business critical. We strongly recommend installing on a secondary system or device, or on a secondary partition on your Mac.
You can become a member of the Beta Software Program by following this link. You’ll be required to fill out some different information, including your Apple ID.
Announced on June 4, iOS 12 mostly focuses on performance-related improvements, although some new features were also introduced. These include Memojis, an all-new Measure app, and updated versions of the News, Stocks, and Voice Memos apps. The iOS 12 update also added digital wellness tools that let you track how often you use your devices. There are also new parental controls, and more.
To install the iOS 12 public beta on your iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions:
- Make sure to create a fresh backup of your device by going into the Settings app under Device > Backup. If you use iCloud Backup, this process is done for you automatically every night.
- Sign up for Apple’s beta program.
- Once your account gets approved (in a few seconds), you’ll be able to download your iOS device profile from this location.
- Finally, go to the Settings app under General > Software Update and install the update just like you do with other iOS updates.
Are you going to download the iOS 12 public beta? How about beta versions of macOS Mojave and tvOS 12?
For more Apple news, see:
- Apple finally admits their MacBook keyboards kind of suck
- Australia just slapped Apple with a $6.6 million fine
- Honestly, where’s Apple’s long-promised AirPower charging pad?