How to block and unblock annoying people in Gmail
4 steps to getting rid of that one annoying spam account.
Blocking and unblocking contacts in Gmail is as easy as 1, 2, 3. The best part is that your blocked contact won’t even know, as their message goes right into your spam folder. It is like having somebody call your phone to an endless loop of ringing. Here’s how to get started.
How to block a Gmail contact
- Open an email sent from the contact.
- Click the arrow button next to the reply button on the message.
- Select Block Contact “Name,” as their name will be in parenthesis.
- Click the Block button in the window that pops up to confirm the block. All messages sent from this person will now go into your Spam folder.
In case you want to unblock somebody, there are four other steps to complete because we all give that one ex another chance.
How to unblock a Gmail contact
- Click the gear icon to go to Gmail Settings.
- Select the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Scroll down, and you will see your addresses. Click the Unblock link next to the address you want to unblock.
- Click Unblock in the window that pops up to confirm the unblock. All messages sent from this person will now go into your Inbox.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.